November 8, 2010

Welcome Back Sporting Nerds! And Mo Williams!

Ladies and gentlemen, Mo Williams, former-all-star-based-purely-on-talent-and-not-being-a-whiner, has helped place Cleveland in a truly awesome position: above the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference standings.

1. Atlanta 6-1
2. Boston 6-1
3. Orlando 4-1
4. Cleveland 3-3
5. Miami 5-2
6. New York 3-3
7. Indiana 2-3
8. Chicago 2-3

From J.A. Adande, "This morning's standings supply the best if the playoffs started today setup of all time: No. 4 Cleveland would open against No. 5 Miami in Round 1". Maybe Lebron shouldn't have left the Cle? Actually, I'm pretty sure I would've left too. I just like to think I would have done so a bit more gracefully.

Bosh probably made the right call too. How's his former team faring in his absence? From Marc Stein, "Here's a capsule glimpse of early post-Bosh life north of the border: Jarrett Jack has been the last Raptor unveiled to Air Canada Centre-goers during pregame introductions in Toronto's first two home games."

I don't have a cool signature to sign off with like Ganesh, so I'll instead echo Rodney Stuckey in my first post for the revamped The Sporting Nerd:

"On paper, we are the best team in the league."
- Rodney Stuckey [re: your Detroit Pistons], September 2010

1 comment: